Hosting and Domain Business
TRACK: Hosting and Domain Business
After attending this track, participants should be able to;
- Understand the overview of the DNS industry
- Understand the role of the various Global Internet Coordinating agencies such as ICANN, IANA, IETF, AFRINIC, NIRA
- Identify the various business models and opportunities in the Industry
- Understand the key terminologies in Web Hosting business
- Understand the use of cPanel for Domain Hosting
Who should attend:
Domain Registrars, Domain Resellers, Contents and Website Developers,
Aspiring Domain Business Entrepreneurs and innovators, and those who provide Hosting Services.
Basic understanding of Computer systems and the Internet .
Hands-on Training. Participants are expected to come with their own functional laptops or tablets to the training (BYOD).
The topics are expected to include:
- Overview of Domain Name Business
- Internet Governance
- Understanding the 3-R Model
- Configuring cPanel for Domain Hosting
- Reselling Domains with WHMCS
- Internet Marketing and Advertising
- Introduction to Google Tools for Business
- Understanding Online Business
NOTE: There may be time to cover other topics, either during the main programme or in the evenings, and applicants are encouraged to indicate on their application what other areas would be of interest to them.